If you’re working on Chrome and accidentally or due to any other reason you closed the entire chrome window. And if you wanted to know how to reopen the closed window chrome, you are in the right place. This article explains some quick tips on how to reopen the closed window in chrome.
Most of the time Google Chrome performs perfectly, but there are some circumstances where Chrome stopped working. Such type of issues mainly arises when we’re working on too many tabs at a time. When Google Chrome is overloaded, it stops working and starts crashing. In such situations, the first thing which comes to our mind that what happens with the essential websites we’re working on.
However, Google Chrome provides functionality to restore closed Chrome tabs after sudden crashes. So let’s move ahead and check out the steps involved in opening closed tabs in chrome.
- 1 How To Reopen Closed Windows on Chrome?
- 2 Final Words
How To Reopen Closed Windows on Chrome?
There are several methods that you can follow to restore the closed chrome session. Let’s check out what are those methods.
1. Reopen Closed Tabs On Chrome Using Title Bar
This is the first method you can use to reopen all your closed Chrome tabs, also this is the easiest method that you can follow. Here is how to do it.
- Reopen the Chrome browser after the sudden crash.
- Simply right-click on the tab bar, now you’ll see few options Reopen Closed Tab is one of the options in that list. Click on it, you can take the help of the below picture to understand this step better.
- Once you click on Reopen Closed Tab, you’ll be prompted to a new window. This new window includes all the closed tabs.
2. Reopen Closed Chrome Tabs Using Chrome Menu
The second method to restore closed tabs in the Chrome browser is by using the Chrome menu. This is another straightforward easy to follow method and won’t take more than a minute. Let’s see how to do it.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Click on the three dots available in the top right corner. The given picture will help you to understand it better
- Tap on History, available in the list of options.
- Once you click on the history tab, you’ll see an option Recently Closed, under this option all your closed chrome tabs will appear.
3. Reopen Recently Closed Chrome Tabs Via Shortcuts
Now coming to the third method on how to reopen closed window Chrome after the restart. This is the most convenient and one-step method. You just need to press three buttons on your keyboard. Let’s figure out what are these buttons and how to use them.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+T at the same time.
- Once you follow the first step, a new window will appears that contains all the closed tabs.
Now you can resume using a browser where you left without any hassle. Don’t you find this method too easy to follow? You only need to remember these shortcut keys to use this method.
4. Reopen Closed Chrome Tabs Manually
The above methods are only useful if Google Chrome has saved your previous browsing sections. What if the previous tabs are not saved? Also not able to see the Reopen Closed Window option then this method will help you to reopen Chrome tabs.
Through this method, you’re going to reopen the closed window by going to History. If you’re well familiar with the Chrome browser, then you might hear of this method. But if you’re not aware of this method then go through the below steps.
- Click on the Chrome menu (three dots in the upper right corner) and tap on History. You can also access the Chrome history by pressing the Ctrl+H.
- The history page will display a list of all the websites you were working on. Click on the link of the desired website to reopen.
Also Read: How To Delete All Facebook Messages?
5. Reopen Closed Chrome Tabs On Android & iPhone
Android and iPhone devices also have a Chrome browser. The solution to restoring closed Chrome windows on the iPhone and Android are similar. Let’s see how you can do this:-
- Go to the Chrome browser and click on the Three-dot button.
- You’ll see an option Recent Tab click on it.
- All the recently closed tabs will appear on your screen.
So this was our comprehensive tutorial on how to reopen closed window chrome. I feel I have provided all the possible methods, but still found any difficulties while following them, you can reach out to us.
Also, don’t forget to mention that the post was helpful to you or not. If you found this helpful then share it on your social media.