Nowadays our mobile phones come equipped with splendid cameras with really high specs and megapixels, some phones come with multiple cameras with different functionalities so even amateur photographers can click amazing pictures. But have you ever been in this position where you have clicked a nice picture but it’s slightly blurred?
Luckily, there are a lot of ways one can unblur an image to make it great. Using photo editing software, most blurry photos can be fixed. For edit images, you don’t have to be a tech whiz, but you need to have some website navigation experience.
Follow our step-by-step guide ranging across all platforms and Softwares as we are going to show you some easy and sure-fire ways on how to unblur an image.
- 1 Quick Editing Hacks To Improve Image Clarity
- 2 Unblur an Image on Your Mobile Devices
- 3 Unblur an Image on Your PC
- 4 Alternate Methods
- 5 To Conclude
Quick Editing Hacks To Improve Image Clarity
No matter what software you are using to edit, sharpening a picture isn’t the only way to fix a blurry image. Since sharpening can be damaging to your picture, learning a few tricks more is handy. With these digital editing tricks, you can mask the blur and make your images look sharper.
Here are some editing hacks that can help you get the best photo editing and image unblurring results:
1. Increase The Contrast Of The Image
2. Convert The Image To Black And White
Similar to the aforementioned contrast tip, converting a picture to black and white can also help trick the eye into reading it sharper. Remember, though, that you’ll have to do more than just remove the color from the image. Use your favorite black and white filter or add contrast to make the picture pop.
3. Increase The Clarity Of The Image
Clarity is anything but sharpening. In the middle tones of your image, this increases the contrast, not the very dark or very light parts. This gives a sharpening effect, without the risk of halos or Pixilation being equal. For certain systems, the term “structure” refers to transparency.
Unblur an Image on Your Mobile Devices
Clicking an image and editing it on the go has to be the fastest and most convenient way to unblur an image. Though there is not as much functionality as provided by photo editing software on computers, these methods will still get the work done with ease and even faster.
1. Using Snapseed
Snapseed is a popular photo editing application for iPhone and Android devices that you can download for free in the App Store and Play Store respectively. By using Snapseed it becomes easier to edit photos right from your phone. Without having to go through the hassle of using your computer, Snapseed provides the easiest and fastest way to unblur an image.
Here is how to do it using Snapseed:
- Open your photo in Snapseed.
- Select the Details tool.
- Select Sharpening and Swipe right to increase the sharpness of the image and left to decrease it.
- When you’re satisfied with the clarity of the image, save or export it.
2. Using Adobe Lightroom
Adobe Lightroom is a popular photo editing application present on PC as well as mobile devices. Having over 21 million users across all platforms it has become one of the most used photo editing programs out there. This application can be used to unblur images with ease.
Here is how to do it with Adobe Lightroom:
- Download and install Adobe Lightroom.
- Launch the application and select the details panel.
- locate and select the Sharpening slider. Move it to the right to increase the sharpness of your image and to the left to decrease the sharpness of your image.
- You can also adjust the sharpness of a specific part of a photo by using the brush tool. Simply brush on sharpness only where you want it to avoid over-sharpening the background or other elements in the shot.
- You can also adjust the Radius and Detail sliders until you are satisfied with the image. These will vary with the image you’re sharpening, so it’s a good idea to experiment until you like your shot.
- Export the photo or use Lightroom to publish it to social media.
Unblur an Image on Your PC
Compared to mobile devices, having to unblur or edit photos in general on computers provides for more options on even the slightest changes. An image can be edited to perfection on a computer unlike on a mobile device.
1. Using UnblurShake AI
UnblurShake AI by pixbim.com is a free picture unbluring software. Being one of the best unblur apps it provides the best performance for even the large blur images and is easy to use.
Here is how to do it with UnblurShake AI:
- Download and install UnblurShake AI.
- Launch the application and load an image.
- Using the “Unblur/Sharpness” slider, adjust the image as per your liking.
- Save the image by pressing “Start Process Full Image and Save”.
Though this software provides for the best unblur results, it leaves a watermark in the trial version in the final saved copy.
2. Using Photoshop CC
Photoshop CC is the most famous and widely used photo editing software known for its large number of photo editing features like cropping, masking, background removal, and so on. To fix a blurry image, we will be using the “Shake Reduction” feature in Photoshop CC.
Here is how to do it with Photoshop CC:
- Download and install Photoshop CC.
- Launch the application and go to filters located at the top of the screen.
- Select “Sharpen” then select “Shake Reduction“
- The application will automatically select the blurred area. You can also manually select the blurred area, just click and drag to start drawing another box.
- When you are satisfied with your image, export, or save it.
3. Using GIMP
GIMP is a free photo editing software for computers that provides numerous features and ways for one to edit photos at the cost of nothing. Though the application is free it is almost at par with other popular photo editing software such as Photoshop CC or Adobe Lightroom.
Here is how to do it with GIMP:
- Download and install GIMP.
- In the toolbox, select “Blur/Sharpen“.
- Click on the area where there is a good instance of blur on a subject in the image.
- Drag the “Sharpness” slider to the right to increase the sharpness of your image and to the left to decrease the sharpness of your image.
- If you are satisfied with the image, export, or save it.
4. Using Blurity
Blurity is software that specializes in the unbluring of images but at the cost of living a watermark. The final image produced by this software results to be splendid but is overpriced.
Here is how to do it with Blurity:
- Download and install Blurity.
- Launch the application and open the image you want to unblur.
- Click on the area where there is a good instance of blur on a subject in the image.
- Click the “Process” button to generate a preview of the unblurred image.
The program provides very good results as it is designed exclusively to unblur an image, but it leaves a watermark on the end image.
5. Using Nik Collection
Nik Collection is a photo editing program that works as plug-ins with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop but can also be used as a stand-alone editor. To fix a blurry image, we will be using the Sharpener Pro 3 plug-in.
Here is how to do it using Nik Collection:
- Download and install Nik Collection.
- Launch the application and open the image in Sharpener Pro 3 – Output Sharpener.
- You’ll see four sliders under Creative Sharpening: Output Sharpening Strength, Structure, Local Contrasts, and Focus. Each Slider sharpens your image in a slightly different way, so you’re going to want to experiment with what works for you and your image.
- Drag the slider to the right to increase the sharpness and to the left to decrease the sharpness. You’ll notice that the quality of the image will degrade as you do this, so experiment to find the right balance.
- You can also selectively sharpen certain spots in the image with control points, and you can choose certain colors to sharpen.
- Click Save when you’re done.
Here are some methods that can be used for fixing minor blur effects just by using the default present on most computers. It is recommended that these methods not be used for large files as they will highly pixelate the photos at the cost of unbluring them.
1. Photos for Mac
- Double click to open the image in Photos, and then click the Edit button.
- Click the Adjust button. Under Adjustments, click Add and select Sharpen. You’ll see three sliders: Intensity, Edges, and Falloff.
- Drag the Intensity slider to the right to sharpen the image and adjust the Edges and Falloff sliders to get the exact sharpening effect you have in mind.
- When you’re done, save the image.
2. Windows 10 Photos
The Windows 10 Photos app is the default application present with the Windows 10 update that will work to help you perform basic sharpening on your image.
Here is how to do it:
- Open the photo you would like to edit.
- Click Edit and select Enhance. This gives you lots of one-click fix options you can use to improve your shot.
- Save your photo once you are satisfied with the edits.
Thanks to recent and continuous technical advancements, you don’t need to delete an image from your digital camera simply because it’s out of focus. Using the photo editing app, most blurred images can be corrected. Especially now that we have provided you with so many ways on how to unblur an image.
Though these methods are a little tedious, they are safe and sure to work. Hopefully, this guide will come in handy for all of you who wanted to know how to unblur images from your computers and mobile devices.
Please let us know which one of these methods worked for you in the comments section below!