If you are a gamer, there must be many games you play. One such game is Monster Hunter World which we gonna be talking about in this article. If you play this game there is a common error which many of the users are facing. This error is referred to as 5038f-mw1. In this article, we’ll be talking about what is this game, the error you are facing, and how to solve this.
You’re not alone when you notice the error 5038f-mw1 with a message ‘failed to join,’. In this post, I will discuss the problem and how to correct it. Error code 5038f-mw1 is a mistake that users face in the Monster Hunter: World action role-playing game. Since the first release in January 2018, this bug has seemingly hit users and hinders individuals from accepting events and match-making effectively. So read the full article to solve it.
- 1 What is Monster Hunter World?
- 2 How to Fix 5038f-MW1 Error?
- 3 Conclusion
What is Monster Hunter World?
Monster Hunter World is the latest adventure game to live in a world full of monsters that may be tranquil and desire to devour you! Whether you’re playing solo or with buddies, Monster Hunter World is a very enjoyable game. No matter how you play, you will always have to be connected to servers of Monster Hunter World.
Of course, with this significant new version, all the players who bombard the server simultaneously seemed to be tormenting some hunters with error code 5038f-MW1 while trying to join their friends’ games.
1. What Causes this Error?
The problem is typically due to incompatibility with your router that often limits the Internet connection from the console accidentally. This can be handled solely by allocating your console with a static IP and putting your IP within the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone). PC users who possess the Steam game can attempt to disable the Steam Overlay since many people assisted.
How to Fix 5038f-MW1 Error?
This has been stated by the firm because of a heavy server load and is generally the same as the combined times or when inviting people to a private meeting. The Capcom developer has not launched an official remedy of any type for many consumers which is irritating. But other users succeeded in circumventing the error. Following are the methods which you can try.
1. Change Steam Settings (PC Users)
At Steam, you have a few handy features such as an overlay to talk quickly and in other ways with your friends, but that’s in certain instances why you may join the Monster Hunter World session, and you must check this by turning off this feature after these steps:
- First, you have to start the Steam customer
- Open the Steam menu and click on the Option Settings
- Click on the In-Game area on the left of the windows.
- Finally, uncheck the Steam Overlay box on the right while you are in the game.
- Click OK and start the World Monster Hunter.
- This is all it takes to solve this error in pc.
If the above-mentioned set of steps didn’t work out for you, you can try the following procedure once.
- Open the Steam customer again and go to the games library
- Click on the Monster Hunter World button right-click, and choose Properties from the menu.
- In the box that appears on the screen, type in the following code – “-nofriendsui –udp”
- Save and exit the properties window by clicking on OK. Now you may launch Monster Hunter World to make sure that you have the 5038fmw1 problem resolved. You may connect to the server.
Congratulations, now this error is solved and you can start playing your game without any hassle.
2. De-militarized Zone (For console users)
Your router blocks various ports by default, but in some instances, it is not needed to safeguard your internet connection from threats. A feature called DMZ or De-Militarized Zone exists in this instance that opens all ports for a particular IP address. This functionality must be enabled for the IP address of your console, but you need to designate your PS4 or Xbox One to static IP addresses before that, as they always change when rebooting the device.
1. Set IP Address (For PS4)
- First, activate your console and then browse the Settings menu.
- See the Network section and select the option View Status of Connection
- Your PS4 will initiate an online check on certain items once done and you have to record the cable or Wi-Fi Mac address depending on your Internet connection
2. Set IP Address (For Xbox)
- First, switch on the console Xbox One and browse to system configuration
- Now enter the Network Settings section and select the Network Settings option
- Proceed to Advanced Settings Register and move to the Advanced Settings option “Name of the host”.
- Finally, in this form, you will see the Mac address XXXXXXXXX and you have to modify the format as follows: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX: XX
- Turn your console off now
3. Assign IP to Your Console
The next step involves assigning IP to your console and enable DMZ. Follow the below steps to do so.
- You have to open your preferred browser and enter your router’s gateway. For example, the IP address of TP-link routers is 192.168.1.1
- A popup will be displayed to input your router manager’s credentials. The user and password are “admin” by default on some TP links routers, however, you may find that data also at the back of your router.
- After entering router settings, click on the DHCP option on the left side of the menu and access the Address Booking area.
- You must copy the Mac address of your console on the text field by clicking the adding new button. You need to give a personalized IP, such as 192.168.8.132, to the reserved IP address.
- Congratulations, you have changed the IP address of your console manually and now you don’t need to change it anytime near. The next steps involve enabling the DMZ of that IP so that the error 5038f-mw1 can be solved permanently.
- To enable the DMZ of that IP, open up your router’s configuration again.
- On the left side of the page, click on Forwarding, and then on DMZ.
- Finally, click the Activate option and copy the provided IP address in the text box i.e. 192.168.8.132.
- Click on save and restart your router. Now, your error 5038f-mw1 has been solved, you can play on after successfully restarting the router.
Monster Hunter World is a great game created for playing online with friends or the community, but you may be upset when you see the 5038f-mw1 error number if you are unable of joining sessions. Here are some of the top ideas and solutions for the PC version but also consoles such as PS4 and Xbox One.
I hope you will be assisted by this instructional article. You should leave a note below if you need further help or have any queries concerning this instruction.