You might be enjoying some of the most well-known and loved games of all time in your Play Station4 and suddenly one fine morning, you get your gaming gears on and your pals are all online waiting for you. You start your PlayStation4, and bang! An error flashes right there on your screen. “An error has occurred in the following application (CE-34878-0).” Disappointed? Well, you must be. But then do not worry, it would not take much time to fix it.
Much about what is always said, you must know your enemy well before you plan to slay it for yourself. Thus, let us first know what this CE-34878-0 error is all about, why it occurs, and if there is any way you can make sure that you don’t get this error the next time.
How To Identify CE-34878-0 Error?
To start with, so that you can directly relate to the problem let’s discuss what are the visual implications that this error has hit. When you try to open an application that has this error, the application would not open up. This means that when you would have been expecting the opening scenes of your favorite game on your PS4, you would instead be greeted with a blue screen. On top of this blue screed would be a note stating
“An error has occurred in the following application.
Your Application Name
How To Fix CE-34878-0 Error In PS4?
Before you panic about this error, let us tell you that this is one of the most common errors in PlayStation4. This is caused when the system software develops an issue or when due to any PS4 corrupt data, the game or the applications crash. It’s really easy and simple to fix. So, we would now help you with some ways by which you can fix the error.
1. Restart Your Entire System
Possibly one of the easiest and simplest ways that might have crossed your mind too. So, do that for yourself and check if the issue fixes. Turn off your console and controller. Now reboot both your console and controller and start afresh. Log in to the application or game that was causing the problem.
If the issue persists, then do not worry. Simply, read on:
2. Check For Application Updates
Most of the issues in a PS4 player are due to bugs that make their way into the application or the system. the companies are also on the lookout for such bugs and are mostly really proactive in taking an action.
1. Navigate to the Home Screen of PlayStation 4.
2. Select the game or application that is actually showing the error.
3. Click on the “Options” button of the game using your controller. Now from the list of op[tions that come up for you, click on Check for Updates.
4. Check out for any updates and if there is one, download it.
5. Restart your system and start with the old application or game.
In case you did not get any update or your system still shows the error after the update, do not worry, you have other ways to fight this out.
3. Software Update
Are you using outdated software? Well, that surely is something that you would need to consider. In case you are just not sure, then let us try to guide you through the steps.
1. Navigate to the home screen of play station with the help of your controller and then go to “System Software Update” from the Settings option.
2. If you see that you have an update and you have a proper internet connection to proceed with it, well, you might have found the solutions to your problems. Click on Update.
3. You would see a download starting. Wait for the update to get downloaded.
4. Once you have a download completion notification, install the update in the system.
5. After having completed all these, simply restart your system and check if the problem persists.
4. Reinstall Original Hard Disk Drive
Have you recently got a new HDD for your system? Well, if you have then the problem may lie with the new HDD. We would recommend that you put the old HDD back and check if the error is resolved.
5. Contact Support For Help
If you have exhausted all the above options but still face the same error, well, then we think it’s time you connect with Customer Support and ask for their assistance. They can help you resolve the issue without much of a problem.
We understand that you being a gamer would never love to be interrupted when you are starting with your favorite game. Thus, we have listed 5 fixes that might help you mend the error with ease. We hope that your issue is solved now.