At a time where we are stuck at our houses with nothing much left to do, there’s an escape route called ‘GAMES’. Connecting with friends, playing in a group, and all of that becomes super entertaining especially when you have the right medium like Discord. However, struggles with these mediums are real and with Discord Stuck on Connecting, all you look for is to get rid of it.
So, if you have landed here with the same issue as many others, then stay hooked because we are about to walk you through some of the feasible ways to get rid of Discord Stuck on Connecting.
If you are a struggler yourself, you know what to do!
- 1 Discord Stuck on Connecting – Possible Reasons!
- 2 How to Fix Discord Stuck on Connecting Issue?
- 3 Wrap Up
Discord Stuck on Connecting – Possible Reasons!
Discord Stuck on Connecting is a common error and most of us have been that road. The real headache is this error driving you crazy even when you have a good internet connection.
Some of the possible reasons that we suspect could be the causes are listed below: –
1. Conflicting Applications
Yes, different applications could be causing objections to Discord. One such interfering app is Twitch.
2. Antivirus Software
Connectivity issues are a subjective cause that arises mostly because of Anti-virus software. So, your Anti-virus software could also be the troublemaker.
3. Proxy Server
Discord uses UDP and many proxy servers are incompatible with User Diagram Protocol.
Well, those were some reasons why you and your Discord aren’t on good terms. Obviously now you will be looking for ways to fix it too. I have that too. Keep going forward.
How to Fix Discord Stuck on Connecting Issue?
Below are some quick fixes that you can try and I am certain, one out of the following solution will definitely fix the issue.
1. Disable Proxy
Go all the way to check your Proxy settings and check if any proxy is enabled. All proxies must be disabled. Furthermore, proxies have the capability to block Discord.
Follow the below steps to disable your Proxy on Windows
1. Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box. Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
2. Go to Connections Tab and go to LAN Settings.
3. Once the tab pops up, click on the ”Automatically detect settings” check box and uncheck the ”Use a proxy server…” check box.
4. After this is done, Relaunch Discord back to see if Discord Stuck on Connecting persists. We hope not!
2. Change DNS
Discord and Google’s Cloudflare work absolutely well together. Changing the default DNS value to Google’s could work wonders.
1. Press Win + R keys both at once to open the Run dialog box. In the dialog box, type ncpa.cpl
2. All the list of available Internet connections will pop up in front of you. Go to the internet connection that you are using, and right-click on it.
3. Click on Properties and scroll down from the available list of options. Look for ‘Internet Protocol Version 4’, click on it. The Properties window opens up.
4. Check the ”Use the following IP address”
5. You need to enter the below DNS Server address in the available options.
- Preferred DNS Server – 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS Server – 18.104.22.168
6. Hit OK to save the changes.
3. Restart Helps!
Quite often, we tend to blame the app, proxy, and even the VPN if you are connected to one. However, the real culprit sits there and smiles.
Sometimes, your Router or Modem could also be the hidden gangsters responsible for causing Discord Stuck on Connecting issues. Therefore, to make sure that these are not the causes, you need to simply restart them.
Once you restart your modem or router, restart your PC/Device in which you are using Discord. Check if this quick easy hack fix helped you or not.
4. Run the FlushDNS Command
The final fix is to renew and release your IP and flush DNS. This will help to update all your data on the network and will eventually help to fix the Discord connectivity issue.
1. In Windows search, type cmd. Right-click on Command Prompt and click ”Run as administrator”
2. Once the command prompt opens, type the below command one after the other and press Enter. Once you run a command, give it 5 seconds to grasp and so the system can respond and then hit the second command.
3. Close the Command Prompt window after the above task is done. Try to connect to Discord again.
I am being very optimistic here and also certain that one out of the following fixes must have helped you get rid of the Discord Stuck on the Connecting issue.
After trying every method, you need to restart your system to check if the issue is gone. Let us know the solution that worked for you or you have a handful of tips in your pocket, do share them with the readers to know more.